http://caliberwestrenovations.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/after-2.jpg 612 816 cim http://caliberwestrenovations.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cw-logo.png cim2017-08-09 16:47:332017-07-19 09:28:40How Artificial Grass Will Save You Water & Money
When it comes to your lawn, it’s sometimes hard to decide on the best product to use. For instance, the news lately has been all about the drought which has been affecting Southwestern British Columbia, especially, Vancouver, Victoria and Surrey. This weather means you need to choose the best landscaping options that save water. Throughout British Columbia, water agencies are posing more and more restrictions on watering your grass. If you're found watering your lawn illegally, the fines can be as much as $1000. When searching for the best alternatives to natural grass, which consumes a lot of water, one of the best options is artificial grass that offers the classic green look. When compared to the everyday non-decorative rock or brown bark, synthetic grass is a better attraction when mixed with flowers or shrubs, which are naturally drought tolerant. One of the critical elements of landscaping that’s sustainable in summer is a beautiful mix of plants that are drought tolerant and artificial grass. Artificial grass is becoming the best alternative to natural grass; the result is that most homeowners are replacing their lawn. You may have heard of the downsides of artificial turf as a replacement for natural grass.
Artificial Grass BenefitsHere in Caliber West, we want to downplay those dilemmas that artificial grass is associated with. First, we’ll talk about the advantages of wholesale synthetic grass:
- It’s ideal if you have pets; that’s because it won’t hold onto dog urine stains.
- You can clean it quickly after dog messes
- It’s best around planters, barbeques, backyards, front yards, walkways and swimming pools
- You can use it in different areas of your property-for instance as a base for narrow spots, base for patio and the drainage area, and for the dog run
- Easy when it comes to maintaining
- Can last for over ten years
- Lawn maintenance costs will go down since you won’t need to irrigate, fertilise, mow or use chemicals to prevent diseases and pests
- Your water bills cost will go down, while you conserve this natural resource. The rest of your natural drought tolerant landscaping can use drip irrigation that uses little water. It means the artificial grass won’t interfere with your natural landscaping.
- It blends well with non-native and native landscaping
- Feels and looks close to the natural grass, providing a cushioned and soft playing area, has a thickness that resembles a natural turf's healthy carpet and has lush green colour.
- Landscape trees can still be added to the synthetic grass lawn. They do well with artificial grass since the grass remains green under the canopy.
- If you want a professional PGA like putting green in your backyard, as a golf enthusiast, it perfect. It’s fun to play on and adds elegance
Artificial Grass ChallengesAs with all products, none is perfect. There have been some concerns about artificial grass for lawns. Below we give the three cons and their solutions.
- Artificial grass isn’t 100% as natural grass: at Caliber West, we have the most premium and realistic artificial turf in the industry. You can order samples and get to see what variety of artificial grass will look best in your yard. We recommend that you mix the artificial grass with shrubs, trees, flowers, paving stones and decorative stones and natural drought tolerant plants. The result will be a modern and excellent landscaping design.
- Artificial grass may heat up: at Caliber West, we recommend the cool blades turf since it’s a synthetic blend that’s heat resistant. We advise that your contractor adds our natural sand fill which is antimicrobial and temperature reducing. This specialized sand will reduce your artificial turf temperature by up to 20%. That’s compared to the untreated artificial grass which doesn’t have the unique infill addition. Our advice is that you add 1.5-2lbs per sq. Ft of this infill to enable it to reach the 20% reduction in temperature.
- Artificial grass installation is on the higher side: grading, initial excavation for the outlay and the installation of synthetic grass may be expensive, which depends on the square feet involved and the project's size. However, if you compare these costs with the money you'll be saving on lawn maintenance, water bills and services over time, it a better option.